Sunday, December 18, 2011
As Christmas homework you must answer the following Treasure hunt. Write the questions and answers on a document Word and sent it to my hotmail. Maximum data on 8th January
w w w. o u p e . e s
Go to www.allthingsChristmas.com Find the answers to these questions.
1. What do people from Sydney do on Bondi Beach on Christmas Day?
2. What do Chinese people call Christmas trees?
3. Who enjoys playing jokes at Christmas time in Denmark?
4. When did the tradition of Christmas begin in England?
5. When do people exchange Christmas presents in Greece?
6. What do Italian children do during the novena?
7. When does Christmas officially begin in Nicaragua?
8. Who did Saint Nicholas become during Russia’s communist years?
9. What fruit do Swedish people sometimes use to decorate their Christmas trees?
10. What is the town of Boston famous for at Christmas?
Thursday, December 15, 2011
God Rest ye Merry Gentleman is one of the best known Christmas carols all over Britain. This carol echoes the spirit of goodwill and new hope. It is a very traditional Christmas song and its origin is actually in the mid-18th century.